Life in colour


During a recent conversation I came upon the term “gender neutral colours”, wearing such colours is a safety aspect for women on the roads especially at dawn / dusk times when visibility is lower. So if you are wondering what would be a gender neutral and safe colour, I learned that white is a strong contender for the top spot.

Recently when I was in my daughter’s school waiting to pick up my daughter, I observed a long line of students walking to the gate led by their class teacher. Suddenly a parent near me turned and said that he was amazed to see more than 75% of the class carrying a pink school bag. I racked my brains to see if there were any other colour options in the store earlier.

We were picking up a gift for an infant at our regular baby item store when the shopkeeper showed us two gift boxes and appropriately colour coded for boy and girl separately. I do not want to mention the colours because by now it is a given that you will not mix them up.

I have a set of shirts that are from the pink colour family and ever since fashion experts came up with the term metrosexual (I still crack up over it) and what is appropriate dressing for metro sexual. The experts deemed that purple and pink are acceptable colours for these metrosexuals and so they are available in stores for men.

The other day we dressed up for a wedding, sometimes it just happens that we (the better half and I) end up colour coordinated and this time the colour we ended up was black. We looked good together but then to some relatives it seemed that we had come to grieve because we chose the unsuitable colour.

In the mornings if you were to see me, I will be unashamedly wearing a top in the shocking shade of a flouroscent green or even orange. I take great care to ensure that the colours are as bright as possible so that I may be visible for the errant motorist who suffers from blindness when he is one the road.

When I dress up for work it is usually black or blue because well you know work tends to do that to you…

What is your colour story?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad donkey, small wall.

Po poi velaya paaru...

Battle of the movies - Annaathe Vs Jailer