A Valentine's Day love letter



Dear Wonderful,

I am writing this letter knowing that you will not read it, you will overlook this the way you overlooked what we could have been together. I write this letter because though you are no longer here it has not changed the way I feel about you. I love you the same as I loved you when you first swept into my life and it did not change when you crept out my life. Why should it change, just because you changed?

My love was unconditional and is unconditional. It was not based on what you wanted but is full of what I have. I know that it made an impression on you when you said yes and if it did not stop you from leaving then the fault is not in my love because it never changed. It is possible that your expectations did not match reality.

Love is not a contract, though a marriage may be. Love is not give and take, it is simply giving and if you receive in return it is a blessing, if you do not receive and you feel bad about it then it is surely not love.  I still love you for what you are, I am grateful for all the wonderful things that you brought into my life. You taught me that there is life in love and there is a life beyond love. You made me learn more about myself when I was with you and now in my solitude I know that I am a better person than when I started out because I am now aware of who I am and who I can be.

They say that two become one in love or in a marital union, does this not defy nature? One plus one must become two, so if it remains one then somewhere one or both persons reduce to become complete together.  You taught me that I am complete and that while I can reduce myself to accommodate you, I can still exist without you.

I look with fondness at all the good moments that we had together; when I am down they will help bring a smile to my face. The sad moments I will keep aside to remind me that all good things will end and that this too shall pass.

They say people come into life for a reason, a season or a life time. You came in for a reason: to teach me how much I can love, you stayed for a season: to allow me to discover more about myself and you left again for a reason: to make me understand that someone who will share a lifetime is ahead, however if that someone is not coming then there is still a life worth living. A life that is full of love.

You are a wonder for how you have affected me. I wish you well in all that you do and all that you will be in the days ahead.  If we meet again it will be with a smile.
Regards,


This work of fiction is an entry for “Write a love letter campaign by Chennai Bloggers Club" . You can learn more about the Chennai Bloggers Club (CBC) at www.Chennaibloggers.in


P.S. There are more such letters in CBC, do check them out.

Image Courtesy: Google images

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad donkey, small wall.

Po poi velaya paaru...

Battle of the movies - Annaathe Vs Jailer