Recently...

Recently:

-   I overheard “To show God to me, I paid the priest 100 rupees…” I was left confused whether my sympathies lay with God or the devotee

 -      I stopped for a red light when the traffic cop stationed there flagged me on with a sarcastic smile. (The signal was erected recently due to pileup from two directions) I moved on only to stop beyond the light stuck in the inevitable jam which could have cleared if the cop had not intervened

-      I realized the benefit of the buddy system especially when you are into fitness training or running. A buddy can coax you on to new levels of endurance that you did not know existed. I doubled the distance I usually run thanks to a patient buddy who kept pace with me

-      I learnt that it is better to grimace and bear with an errant driver damaging your vehicle with his negligence than to take it up legally. The associated costs in terms of money, energy and effort may outweigh the cost of repairs.

-      I discovered that there may be some truth in the “early to bed, early to rise…” proverb. I have ticked off the healthy and wise but cannot seem to find the third anywhere.

-      I have become accustomed to skipping sugar in my coffee or tea, in the process I understood that sugar like salt is not indispensible

-      I saw that the usually political party defaced walls have been whitewashed by the Corporation. Not able to understand why political graffiti is permitted in the first place

-      I admired a brilliant public service ad by Star Sports for the elections. This year too I will nag others to vote and to vote responsibly

-      I was annoyed to see freedom of expression being consigned to the dustbin in Tamilnadu thanks to the efforts of fringe elements, jokers basically who have a bone to pick with everything that is not acceptable to their point of view, be it a book or a movie. The state sadly has succumbed to their designs.

-      I was pained to see the rapid decline of a star on the cricket field, whose struggles contributed to a famous loss in some part

-      I came across music that I have stopped hearing / watching because is so rare on the original music channel MTV. MTV is a parody of what I grew up with. (Check the link below for an interesting video)



Comments

  1. Recently, I learnt that hope and love are always there for us and that we only have to be sure.

    Loved this post.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Susan Deborah: beautiful comment this

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Susan Deborah: beautiful comment this

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your take on this?

Popular posts from this blog

Bad donkey, small wall.

Po poi velaya paaru...

Battle of the movies - Annaathe Vs Jailer