Go play...





Last night I played a game of snakes and ladders. You know the one where you keep some coins on a board and play with the roll of a dice. I lost the game finishing last but it was fun and for a moment I enjoyed going back in time, when board games included among others scrabble, Scotland Yard, coppit, monopoly (sometimes business) and battleship.  These games were part of my growing up and I realize wistfully how they have faded away. My grandmother had taught me the Indian roll of die and the game called “pallankuzhi”, when we were kids vacation times were spent playing one of these games; sometimes the adults will allow us to play cards with them usually Rummy or the Ace of Spades. 

These days games are all online and alone. Even multiplayer games are played over long distances. I played Scrabble for some time on Facebook but it did not feel good after a while and I simply gave it up. Even scrabble is a game of strategy, watching and observing the other players while you make your move. Ace of Spades is no different; you watch and try to find who is hiding the Ace for the cut. Where is the fun? I must confess I did succumb to the Facebook games including Farmville (is it a game?) and every other day I get invites to something called Candy Crush which I am not even bothering to open.

If you do get a chance to play one of these games, do not hesitate, get some people together and play. For some time become children again and bond with people, the people whom you may not get a chance to bond with due to the mobile phone, laptop, television and many more. Believe me it is worth the time and the effort.
Go play!



Images courtesy Google Images
Collage by www.photovisi.com
Youtube video of Inner Circle Games People play

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad donkey, small wall.

Po poi velaya paaru...

Battle of the movies - Annaathe Vs Jailer