Black, white , red and more



In management there are some words / phrases that are red flags. You know those that are causes of concern and if not attended quickly can become a crisis at a later date. One such word is “Try”. Be wary of some one who promises to “try to” complete a task. A “trier” gives himself the luxury of failure because he never promises to complete the task. He gives himself a 50% chance of success and so he will accept failure because he has provisioned for it in his mind.  That is why I think that the “swoosh” and its tag line is the most inspiring line made.




I was surprised to see that the flag of the ruling party has undergone a change. From the usual two bands of black & red with the image of Anna in the centre,

 the flag has become a tricolour of black, white & red with the image of Anna in black in the white band. Also the flag is unusual considering it is a vertical flag. I wonder what caused this change or is there a new party with this flag?  


The latest expose by an online news channel has set the cat among the pigeons. This washing of money or simply converting black money to white has exposed three private sector banks, but if you dig deep the hallowed public sector banks are no angels either. Insurance is used very often to launder. The process is simple ensure multiple cash transactions up to the limit and make premium payments. Soon black becomes white.



We have fairness creams for the face, the underarms and even the privates for women and these days fairness creams for men can also be found on the store shelves. Mercifully they are for the face only till date.
The fact that they are there on the shelves leads to a fundamental question. What makes women buy them? Considering that the products for women outnumber the products for men let me start with the larger consumer group.
I repeat - what makes women buy fairness products? I can think of few possibilities and they are as follows:
  • -          Pressure from the marriage market
  • -          Pressure from the peer group
  • -          Pressure from the men in their lives
  • -          Curiosity
  • -          Low self worth
  • -          Just being silly
  • -          To become successful
  • -          To join the media
  • -          To join the airlines (as claimed in one ad)
  • -          To win a beauty pageant
I will leave “to look beautiful” out of this for I know that beauty has no relationship with colour despite what the marketers may want you to believe.
And for the men who believe in Fair & Handsome, I hope they wake up and stop making monkeys of themselves.

As MJ said “it don’t matter if your black or white”



Images 1,2,3,5,6,7 courtesy Google Images
4 - shot by me






Comments

  1. It's an irony that MJ said that because he went to great lengths to change his jaw bone to that of a White man. His crisis was spelt aloud in that song, I reckon. I miss MJ.

    Another post which travelled many roads but yet made sense. Back to the same game, Clement?

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Susan Deborah: Very true, MJ messed up himself. Along the way he also gave a wonderful " Man in the mirror"

    I like this rambling around style but thanks to you I strive to connect them : ).

    It is addictive,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:17 pm

    yes it doesnt matter if you are black or white.. but still vellaiyaa irukura ponnungalukku seekiram maapilai amaiyudhey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite an interesting post.. you went all over but managed to tie em up all at the end..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting post.. You went all over but managed to tie them all up at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, the fairness cream routine... is done to death with in our country, specifically the south. I wish children wouldn't grow up thinking that being fair is better and more beautiful. MJ was a sad sad story, the man was beautiful in his true colour...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for writing about the fairness creams. I think its a psychological thing, that springs from the treatment meted out in childhood.

    I've seen it in friends, cousins and even myself. When a child grows up hearing 'karupa irundhalum azhaga irukura', there's bound to be negative repercussions. I have fought, screamed, stamped my feet to help people see the fallacy of this craze, but nothing happened, except for garnering a truckload of anti-fans who think I'm overcompensating for something! Haha!

    I'm going to make sure my children don't grow up with such beliefs. And when the lady at the parlor, or the supermarket tchs tchs my tan, to sell me fairness creams/packs, I'll let her know what I think!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your take on this?

Popular posts from this blog

Bad donkey, small wall.

Po poi velaya paaru...

Battle of the movies - Annaathe Vs Jailer