Adios ABN

Hey its that time when I have to send my farewell letter to my present employer,in this case ABN AMRO Bank NV and move on. Now I have been flattered before when my joining letter and my farewell letters have been saved by many of my erstwhile colleagues for their future use. Apparently my style was well received, so I thought why not save my letter for my own nostalgia trips later and so here goes....


Hi, Do you know the origin of the term "Good bye"? Let me explain, in medieval England travellers used to go by stage coaches (horse drawn carriages) from one town to another. These stage coaches used to travel during the day time generally for fear of being attacked by wild animals or worse the feared highway men. So whenever people set out on long journeys especially in the evenings their friends and relatives used to wish them saying "God By Ye" (God be with you). In course of time this blessing became convulted to Goodbye.

So every time we say good bye, we infact give a blessing to the traveller. It is this blessing and good will I seek from you, as I take leave of you today. Our paths have crossed and for a brief while we journeyed together but now at the crossroads, it is time to part.

It is said that the best things in life come in small pacakages, and so will I cherish this brief but best time spent here with you.

This world is shrinking rapidly and surely we will meet again at some other crossroad, till that day you can always keep in touch by:
M: 9840080405
Email: clementwill@gmail.com

A small parting gift to you before I leave, this is my favourite poem by Rudyard Kipling and I hope that it will remain with you as my wish for you.

[IF]

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,
If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much,
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

--Rudyard Kipling
Dated : 11/06/2007.
Good bye ABN AMRO, it was an interesting 10 months. Thanks for all the good times and the bad. Adios!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad donkey, small wall.

Po poi velaya paaru...

Battle of the movies - Annaathe Vs Jailer